Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cycle 1 - Day 7

And so it has begun...To catch you up, my insurance covers a portion of 6 IUI cycles, so the doctor suggested I try that first. That first appointment was so close to my cycle starting that a week later I was back in the stirrups for my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork. My follicle count is lower than last year (way low...)and my FSH is higher (though still within normal). Seeing that confirmed that this is the right time to try. I started the meds on Day 3 and had a few days of headaches, but finally those went away yesterday. I start the injections tonight. A little nervous, but I can do it :)

In the meantime, I have been looking at donor profiles and sending them out to my Selection Panel to help me choose. I need to order tomorrow and have narrowed it down to two. The one the Selection Panel is opting for seems to have a very similar personality, hobbies and talents as me. The other one seems to have ones that would compliment mine. Hmmm...what do I choose? Ideas anyone?

2 comments:

Billy said...

Wow! Exciting!
Hope the injections last night went well (or is it still tonight? not sure time wise).

Billy said...

It's 2:00 in the morning your time, so was :-)