Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Life is so Short

Six years ago, I discovered yoga and along that journey I met a wonderful holistic healer. She has healed me emotionally and physically many times over the years. She exudes natural beauty, honor, and peace. In that time, I met her daughters a couple of times. Her youngest joined her mom and me for a few private yoga classes years ago when I first started teached. She too had this brightness like her mom. As a 10 year old, she was super bendy and loved laughing and trying anything I would throw at her. Naturally, she just flowed into each pose with grace.

A few weeks ago, I visited my healer. As she worked with me through my aches and pains we discussed my decision to be a single mom. A decision she fully supported. We laughed as she talked about how her young daughter, now fifteen, had recently asked if she needed to be married if she wanted to have children. Her response was basically, 'No she could do it alone, but she had to wait until she was 25.' Her daughter thought about it and said ok. They had a deal. We laughed as we discussed this conversation. In this family, the closeness of this mother and her two daughters is so strong.

Sadly, I found out tonight that this young girl was killed in a car accident last weekend. A skater and gymnast she was full of love, light, and life. It's tragic that her life was cut so short. It is evident in everything reported on this story, that she had the same impact on everyone she met. Her smile and positive energy lives on her memory.

My heart goes out to this family in their time of mourning. They have given so much to others, it's time for us to return the gift.

Rest in peace, sweet Olivia.

1 comment:

Billy said...

So sorry to hear.
Please send my condolences to the family.