So...cycle 4 started October 5th... Mom was in town and came for the day 3 ultrasound...My birthday was October 14th which I spent at Disneyland with some great friends. It was nice and relaxing and helped me keep my mind off of the next day - my next date with the turkey baster. For some reason with this cycle, I stopped the 'ifs'. In my head 'I am getting pregnant'. I repeated it constantly.
October 15th, I went in for the procedure. It went well and then I had the rest of the week off from work - nice 5 day weekend. I totally relaxed and really didn't think about it too much. This cycle I did not have the sore boobs that I did the last two times. I think its because my insurance stopped covering the crinone and I switched to a progesterone compound made at the pharmacy. Day 9 I had a low grade fever and was feeling really nauseous (which has happened at least for 1 day every cycle). I didn't think anything of it. The next day I was walking the dogs on this trail behind a bread factory and could smell this horrible trash smell - as I got closer to the bread factory, I realized I was smelling the bread. I usually loved this smell and it was disgusting. I began to think...maybe it took this time... 2 days later (12 dp) I cheated and took a test. Yes! there was a light but distinct blue line. Of course I followed this with another the next day - and the line was still there - just darker! Blood test was Thursday and it is confirmed! I am like a fellow blogger and will not say the pr word - I just keep saying it's early - but the test was positive.
I've had a lot of support from friends and family and as much as I want to keep this quiet till January, I have been telling anyone who asks on the status the results. I am very happy - but also cautiously optimistic. I know anything can happen right now. I went to church yesterday - the first time in years that hasn't been for a wedding or funeral - and didn't get struck down by lightning as I entered :) I'm feeling lots of stuff going on in my belly and have been pretty nauseous - it's early so I wonder if its just in my head. Next steps are another blood test tomorrow and then an ultrasound in 2 weeks.
It's so exciting, yet scary at the same time!
3 comments:
I knew it when I saw your post title!! This is such great, GREAT news!! So incredibly happy for you! :)
Oh, I am so so happy for you :-) Wonderful news!!
Congrats!
Congratulations!!
Post a Comment