Tuesday, October 14, 2008

35...

I truly believe birthdays are important. For most of us, it's the one day that is just about us. A couple of years ago, an ex made mine kind of shitty and kind of took away the aura of it being so exciting for me. But luckily, my wonderful friends have brought all the shine back to this special day. Who cares about that doofus?!

What's happened? Really, nothing special - lunch, cupcakes, many phone calls and emails. I still have a gift to open from good friend Michael and Princess Bella on my counter. Even Southwest Air sent me a card and Princess cruises, spark people and ING Bank emailed me birthday wishes. How can you not feel special after that?! Dinner is being made for me tonight by the potential donor. Still not too sure about that happening (the donor, not the dinner), but its great to have such awesome people in my life.

And what have I done for me? I leave for a Mediterranean cruise on Thursday. 14 days to celebrate turning 35 and seeing new places. My last hurrah so to speak before my whole life changes and I focus on bringing a child into my world.

1 comment:

Billy said...

Happy Birthday!!
And a cruise round the Mediterranean sounds great :-) Hope you're enjoying it.
(may I ask what places did you visit?)